Laminate on concrete slab floor

My house is on the concrete slab. Is it Ok to replace my old carpet with laminate, or it will be too cold ? Is there some kind of thermo-insulated underpad designed specifically for conrete slab floors ?

I would highly appreciate your suggestions.

Reply to
Ikon

Yes, it can be installed. Check withthe manufacturer for details. It will probably require a vapor barrier.

In any case, it will feel colder than the carpet even if it is not. It is a matter of physics of thermal transfer as the smoth laminate will pull heat out of your body faster than a pourus carpet.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ikon" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Yes, as per manufacturers directions. You will need a moisture test.

Reply to
tweaked