Ladders- where do I go?

I'm looking for a ladder for my loft, but I need it to be a specific height. It has to be at least 190cm, and no more than 210cm. (It's a wierd kind of loft- don't ask!)

Trouble is, I can find a ladder of that length anywhere. Anyone got any suggestions? Preferably not for too expensive.

Reply to
urbycoz

Metal, wood? Tilting, like for an attic?

I think from some mills you can buy side whats-its, that hold the treads, just slap the treads on, and voila, you got not just a ladder, but a decent stairway. Which could be made portable, as well.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

How about buying a longer wooden ladder and cutting it to fit? If there are metal braces or tie rods, relocate them as necessary?

RicodJour

Do they make two meter stepladders in the UK? If they do, take the two halves apart and use one of them.

Reply to
Karl S

I have no idea how long 190cm is. Metrics confuse me :-) Do what I did. I needed a ladder for the loft in my shed last week. So I built one from 2x4's. I have a nice, heavy-duty, permanent ladder now.

If you don't want to built, then buy a long one and cut it down.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Pull the feet out farther, that will pull the top down.

Or buy two lengths of 2x3, and and some closet rod.

Reply to
Goedjn