Kreepy Krauly doesn't work right

Hi ..

Our Kreepy Krauly doesn't seem to be getting the job done; I took a good look at it underwater and the problem seems to be that it is not positioned flush with the pool surface ... one side of the circular "thingy" [:)] touches the bottom and the other is elevated maybe 3-5 inches ... and it's not picking up the dirt even though there's plenty of suction on the line ... also, it used to climb up and down the walls but doesn't anymore

I fooled around with the weights (the blue or white "donuts") but it hasn't helped ...

Any suggestions ? This is thing is NOT old so I really don't want to go buy another one or another model if I can help it ..

Thanks ....

MJ

Reply to
Maura Jenkins

Its has a 15yr warrenty

Reply to
DiG

First thing to check is whether the large flexible rubber skirt is seated correctly at the business end of the hard plastic foot pad. Ours once slipped out of its groove, but was no more difficult to refit than in annual assembly. Second thing to check is whether a twig has entered the main tube and jammed any of the valves.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Thanks, Don (and DiG)

yea the skirt looks like it's on right (but it'd look better in a plaid) .. I can spin it around easily ... and I've had twigs stuck in the "flapper" (or whatever you call it) before .. but not this time ... I reduced the suction a bit but the stupid thing still wants to run around with one side up ... but that did help a little ... God I love pools ....

MJ

Reply to
Maura Jenkins