Kitchenaid Cooktop Spark Ignitor

I have had a KA cook top for the past 15 years. It has always had ignition problems. I've changed the high voltage module and the spark ignitors (sparkplugs?) previously with some improvement. I just again changed the module. The new module seems much better as its rep rate it at least twice as fast as the old unit. After fussing with the ignitors, 2 seem to work pretty good. I had to use a moto-tool to elongate the mounting holes to allow it to sit closer to the ignition area. One unit broke, the other seems to be internally arcing, so it doesn't work. I priced these unit .... they are $38 each, ouch! I know parts are expensive, however, this is a piece of sheet metal, a 1/4" diameter x 3/4" piece of ceramic and a piece of wire. This would about

50 cents in parts and maybe $1 labor. (I think I'll get into this business!) Anyway, off my soapbox.

Does anyone know a generic (read ... cheap) spartplug for burner ignition? I'm very handy with adapting things, so that's not a problem. BTW, I "fixed" one using heat shrink. It works well, however, it is probably not going to last because of exposure to heat. A

1/4" diameter ceramic insulator with a small hole down the center, is all I would need. Any ideas?
Reply to
Art Todesco

buffalobill