Kitchen range Hood/Vent in attic - How to Wire?

I know I really need to figure out which Hood/vent I'm going to get, but I'd like to get the Rough Electrical Inspected soon and don't know what I need as far as a Kitchen Range Hood/Vent where the motor for the Vent is in the attic.

I have a 12/3 that is going to the Range. I was going to use one circuit for the Range (its LP) and one for the Hood/Vent. Do I put a Junction box in the Attic that the Hood/vent plugs/wires into? Or is it in the Cabinet? If its in the Attic, are there control wires that connect to the Motor? What about Lights?

Can Someone recommends a Hood/Vent where the Vent motor is in the Attic?

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

You will need to get specs on whatever model you're going to buy. If it has lights in it and a remote fan, it'll require wiring to both locations

Reply to
RBM