Kitchen faucet drip

I had some real winners move out of an apartment-- I was in the unit a week before the left.. Right after they left, the kitchen sink faucet was const antly dripping and a steady pace- moving the hot and cold knobs and nothing happened. I had to turn the water off at the shut off valves..

Any ideas? There is a salad sprayer attachment...

Reply to
Chris

Well, you need to repair the faucet drip. Different faucets are repaired in different ways, so you need to know how to repair your faucet.

I kinda doubt that the tenants could have caused the leak. That's not something they could do without taking the faucet apart themselves, and few tenants would do that. The other thing is that the faucet may have been dripping for months, it's just that you didn't notice the drip when you were in that suite earlier.

If you're wanting an explanation so that you can claim the tenants caused the leak, you're out of luck. I myself am a landlord of over 25 years experience, and I can't think of anything the tenants could do intentionally to cause a kitchen deck faucet to leak.

Reply to
nestork

Im just wondering if it caused by a blockage or something with the sprayer..

I mean- it not a drip- it's a slow stream..

Reply to
Chris

Never heard of a salad sprayer. I've seen dish sprayers though, but I guess you could use it on salad.

It is the hot or cold dripping? Depending on the type of valve, it may need washers or cartridges Does it work when you open the valves? The more information you give, the better reply you will get.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The hot and cold cartridges in the faucet AND the sprayer should be in good condition so that none of them leak. I can't see how anything with the sprayer would result in either the hot or cold cartridges in the faucet leaking.

That is, a blockage in the sprayer would result in the sprayer not working, but it wouldn't cause the hot or cold cartridges in the faucet starting to leak.

Reply to
nestork

+1

Typical sprayer problem is that the diverter valve gets stuck and it no longer works full force. It won't result in a dripping faucet. I'd check and make sure the sprayer works properly. If it doesn't and the faucet is leaking too, I'd go with a new faucet, unless this one is a real quality one. If the sprayer works, and it's otherwise in good shape, likely it can be fixed with a new cartridge.

Reply to
trader_4

Well-- I found out what was wrong- the aerator was clogged, and tenants left the water on. When I came behind them, I turned the knobs and nothing happened because the pressure that had built up... Thanks

Reply to
Chris