Kitchen cabinet supplier

We're planning on a kitchen remodel in the very near future. We're concerned as to where to get our cabinets or if off-the-shelf boxed cabinets will do our job. The plan involves new cabinets in a 30ft x

20 ft kitchen.

The layout is like this:

------------------- | | | | | | | | xxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyy

where the "x"'s and 'y's represent a bar that will have no cabinets above it, and we're not sure exactly how this is done, will we have to have a special made deep cabinet for this bar? we're planning on it being about 54" deep and raising the 'y' portion to 39" for bar height.

Could we expect to be able to do a few cabinets out of the boxes from home depot and have a special-order made with the same species of wood? Or is this something that we can do with just the boxed product sold at homedepot for example.

Reply to
kellyj00

That is one big frickin kitchen.

I'd guess Lowes or HD would be very happy to work with you on an order of that size. They do sell prefab cabinets off the shelf and maybe could order ones to match.

Two tangential things -

1) 20x30 is a monstrous kitchen, larger than most people would want. Half that is a big kitchen, I'd bet 95% of all homes have kitchens smaller than 20x15.

2) If want to construct the kitchen in such a way as to someday potentially attract buyers who want a big kitchen, those would be high-end buyers, who would probably expect high-end cabinets, not the ones on the shelf at Lowes.

Reply to
roger61611

That's a very good point about high-end stuff... but the reason we're doing this is because we love the house and never plan to sell it... even though it's only 3 bed 2 bath.

20x30 includes a "laundry" nook, and we're going to have to build cabinets around the freezer, two external doors and a double window as well, it really doesn't feel like that big of a room when you're in it.
Reply to
kellyj00