Kinetico Sulfur Water Treatment System Failure

I recently had a Kinetico Sulfur Water Treatment System installed. It worked perfectly overnight the smell disappeared completely. After about 20 days we started noticing slight whiffs of sulfur on occasion, we called the company that installed it and they had us do a "manual regeneration" since the system had not done one yet, after that completed we are once again plagued with the stench of sulfur continuously. The company that installed it is telling us the problem is with our hot water heater which makes no sense to us, if that was the problem the system should have never worked. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so was a solution found? The company we are dealing with says they have never had this type of system fail so that isn't a possibility with them. Thanks!

Reply to
Hooksett

Let me ask you a question: Do you have any other equipment besides the sulfur system, and when was it installed? hat was you sulfur test results in parts per million?

The Kinetico sulfur system is very reliable and works if set up properly. Odors CAN originate in different from different sources. Do you have a softener...what kind? Is your heater electric or gas?

Andy

Hooksett Wrote:

Reply to
AndyC

The company could be right *if* the sulfur smell is *only* coming from the hot water spigots. There are bacteria which can set up housekeeping and proliferate in you water heater. I had it happed to me - I had to drain the tank and and add bleach to the system to shock it and kill the bacteria. That was nearly a year ago and it hasn't reoccured. Just a thought - YRMV

Reply to
C & E