Kenmore Microwave not heating - anything I can service ?

Kenmore over-the-stove microwave/hood has stopped heating. Appears to run normally, I hear the normal fan and (heating?) section kick in and out normally, but there is no heating action.

Are there things I can check before hauling it to a repair center?

I'm fairly qualified mechanically and electrically for most projects but have no specific microwave knowledge.

Thanks,

Reply to
- Bob -

I had a tabletop Kenmore microwave that quite working the sameway. Found out there was safety microswitch in the door circuit that prevented the unit from working if the door is not closed. However, like you, the lights and fan sounded like it worked, but nothing heated. Replaced microswitch and all is well.

Ross

- Bob - wrote:

Reply to
Ross Richardson

Microwave not working:

Just an FYI regarding the door switch, it is not designed to be used in place of the off button. Most of the premature failures of this part is from opening the door while the unit is running rather then hitting stop first......

Reply to
jackson

Thanks - makes sense. Might not be the issue here but I can see how the door switch would be a wear item either way. I will check it out.

Reply to
- Bob -