Kenmore Dryers 80 series

someone told me that if the dryer is shutting off with no pattern---runs for 30 min...shuts off...runs for 5 minutes ...shuts off.........then try to connect the 2 blue wires together in the back...??? anyone got any thoughts on that before I burn something up???our local pros here (Brubakers in Lancaster PA) charged $65.00 and left....he had never seen this model before!

Reply to
tjjhjr2004

Hi,

65.00 for doing nothing? Wow, you're nice guy. No matter what model they all work on same principle. And there is wiring diagram on the panel usually. Jumpering two wires means you're bypassing something such as over temp. sensor(for safety). You said burning something up? Go figure. How about for a starter, clean the dryer right out and make sure there is no blockage in the vent side. Have fun, Tony
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Is it possible what you are seeing is a feature in some dryers called "WrinkleGuard" in action ? After initial dry cycle is complete, dryer will tumble the clothes every so often to help prevent wrinkles, until door is opened to remove clothes.

If the starting & stopping is happening during initial dry cycle, then that's a different problem. Never heard of "2 blue wires".

--reed

Reply to
Reed

look at:

and at

buffalobill

Hi,

Not a model#, just a name.

model# helps.

-Sounds- like a good way to go BOOM!

Can/could they not find out something for you?

Depending on the model/style of the dryer, some possible trouble makers:

- loose power wire

- bad motor

- bad relay ( if used )

- gremlins