Appearently I do not have good luck with being able to heat a house.
This is the second house I have had that I have heating problems with
In March of this year we replaced our really drafty wooden double
pained windows. We installed 3 pane shucos with lowE and argon.
Besides not being able to open we replaced them since they leaked and
in the winter the house still had a chill.
Now here is the problem.............
(0) We have a natural gas lennox for heat.
(1) We have made no other changes to the house other than windows.
(2) Gas usage has doubled for same month last year.
(3) Electric has also doubled since I have been using a space heater in
living room to stay warm and to prevent heat from turning on.
(4) I have been documenting how often the heat turns on and off. When
it turns on it usually stays ON between 5-10 minutes regardless of the
time of day. However the cycle time (from Off to On) changes
considerably. During the day it is about every 10 minutes, then it
slowly decreases to every 5 minutes and then it becomes every 1 minute.
(5) Between around 10 am to about 6 pm it is every 10 minutes cycle
time. From about 9 pm till about 8 am it is a 1 minute cycle time. All
other times are about 5 minutes.
(6) Last year during winter I payed attention to how often it cycled on
and off it was always around a 10 minute cycle time. I remember since I
had heating problems in my previous house.
(7) We had heating company come out this week and they found no
problems. They checked the temperature between the in and out and the
difference was 45 degrees. For this unit the range is supposed to be
Any suggestions on what may be causing this? I have an appt for next
tuesday for another tech to come out to do some more extensive
* note: the cycle times i mentioned in (4 and 5) is a range. I do not
mean to say there are only 3 cycle times, but these are the most