Kenmore Dryer Problem (Gas)

When the drying cycle ends the buzzer sounds but won't shut off, I have to unplug the 110 volt plug or leave the door open, in order to keep the buzzer from buzzing. If I shut the door the buzzer goes off.

I am not sure where the buzzer is located but I am thinking of disconnecting it.

Any other idea's as to why the buzzer won't shut off?

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

It's broke? :)

Sounds like controls problem--sticking relay, perhaps. Alternate loss of power cuts it off via the door opening or unplugging.

No reason to not disconnect it other than the inconvenience of not having notification when cycle finishes.

--

Reply to
dpb

On my Kenmore dryer, which dates from the 70's, there is a control for the buzzer, a knob that is revealed when you open the little door to get out the lint trap. The control knob can be set to "off."

Reply to
Heathcliff