Keeping out big brother?

Overall, this sounds pretty good, but

- "You can view the source code to be sure there's no back door." But you can't know whether the source code you viewed is what they actually used. Nor whether there is the kind of back door described in

- Most of it sounds technically good, but the sentences about quantum computing strike me as marketing hype more than technical reality.

- There's really no way for a guy like me to be sure the principals aren't actually NSA or some other group of spooks. Or just a bunch of scammers getting money from the paranoid.

Wes Groleau

ChairMan

That doesn't confirm that they are not private or insecure. Their claim is that the encryption is done on your own machine. So whether NAPs are secure is irrelevant. What's relevant is whether their encryption is secure.

However, it does indirectly confirm that they were lying. They claimed one of their reasons for picking Iceland was that it's closer to the US than other viable choices.

But the actual traffic from USA (at least from Indiana) goes to Chicago, then New York, then London, then Iceland.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Well, if they are lying, I'd say it's all a lie. I just posted what i found

Reply to
ChairMan