Keeping hardwoods looking new

I have a beautiful, multi-level home that I just refinished all the hardwood floors in. Not only are there a lot of levels, but each room is fairly small. My standard, upright vacuum cleaner keeps marking up the walls every time I attempt to move it from room to room, not to mention that it's a pain to maneuver it around! With all the dust that collects, I NEED to clean the floors often- can anyone suggest any other appliances I can use to keep the new finish "new??"

Reply to
DennisZerillo

A dust mop?

Reply to
Andy Hill

Then you should be able to afford a house cleaner to come in once a week.

Reply to
G Henslee

A broom? More seriously, is the vacume marking up the walls when you're carrying it from place to place, or when you're trying to use it? If the latter, why isn't your baseboard taking the hits? That's what it's for.

Reply to
Goedjn

A Dustbuster for the dust and fur, a broom for the sand and grit, and a Swiffer to finish off.

Add strategically-place rugs (eg. at the entry ways) to trap dirt and grit which acts as sandpaper on the floors when people walk on it.

Curly Sue

Get a Swiffer, and a few air purifiers for the largest rooms. We bought two of these:

they cut our dust levels *way* down.

Reply to
Rick

Roombas?

(Okay, what's the plural of Roomba? Roombi?}

Reply to
Robert Barr

Add my vote for a dustmop.

Reply to
JimL

Thanks for all the suggestions I might just get someone to do it for me twice a week. Maybe next week I will have questions on how much should I pay someone to dust and mop my floors. And, should I trust a stranger with my precious floors is the more important question.

What are "Roombas?"

Reply to
DennisZerillo

,

just refinished all the

have questions on how much should I

should I trust a stranger

question.

Kathy

Robert Barr

I'd say Murphy's Oil Soap and some kneepads. Mine are in great shape, and they're roughly 64 years old now.

Reply to
Robert Barr

Keep in mind, even if you never walked on them, there will be some aging of the color over time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski