juno ic22 recessed lights

I have a few juno ic22 recessed light's in the first floor of my home. I can feel cold air coming down throght them all. The ceiling is tile, I have read that you can insulate around the light (insulate can contact the light) if they are IC lights, but was not sure if the IC had to be a certain number. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could insulate these light's with out taking down any tiles from the ceiling?

Reply to
s2m2young28

I am not familiar with the Juno line, but generally speaking it is usually possible to remove the center can enough on a recessed light to gain access to the electrical wiring connections on the fixture. A remodel housing would have some clips around the perimeter of the cans edge that are holding the can to the ceiling. A new construction housing usually has 3 or 4 screws around the perimeter that can be loosened or removed. Once the can is down you should be able to push pieces of insulation up through the opening and then reinstall the can.

Reply to
John Grabowski