Jump starter for lawnmower?

A jump pack will work just fine if the mower is easy starting. I'd cut the charging circuit since the lithium batteries in them are charged differently than the original mower battery, and use the plug in charger for the jump pack though. The jump packs are also handy for other things.. usually a bright light with them and you can run a cell phone for days on one. Now go forth and mow. BTW I saw a fat ass, and I mean we're talking OBESE yesterday mowing a yard with a high dollar zero turn riding mower that wouldn't take 20 minutes with a walk behind mower. His wife is as big as he is, but he's a nice guy.

Reply to
My 2 Cents

What is it? Something like a third of the U.S. population is overweight? And yet shopping carts are full of soda pop and snacks of all sorts. People park as close as possible to the store's front doors. They won't walk a block but drive instead. There was a fitness center in Omaha, NE that bragged about their front door parking in their radio ads. That always hit me as funny.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Doesn't matter what the idiot selling them calls them, they are virtually ALL AGM today.

Gell cells don't handle high currents and require special chargers and are significantly more expensive - with no real advantage

AGM batteries can be charged with an automotive charger. Gel cells charged with an automotive charger have a short lifespan.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Is this another stupid engineer or the same idiot who has to align and balance his own wheels and patch his own tires and source his brake pads exclusively by the friction rating - because nobody else can do anything as well as he can, or they are all out to rip him off - - -

Surely not ALL engineers are so thick

Reply to
Clare Snyder

You might be on to something there.

Reply to
trader_4
[snip]

One thing I found funny here, is a fitness center sharing a building with a donut shop.

Reply to
Sam E

On Sat 14 Apr 2018 04:09:38a, 83LowRider told us...

Well said!

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

The most exercise the demofats get is when they hobble from their cars to the obesecycle parking area in the store.

Reply to
Sugar McPhatty

Well doh. Cops have to stay fit too you know.

Reply to
TimR

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

I haven't caught that whiff but it's possible. The things that dissuade me are no pix and quotes fro9m suppliers.

Reply to
Tekkie®

TimR posted for all of us...

No they don't. Emergency vehicles have power management systems on them along with extra batteries under the rear seats of the Explorers.

Reply to
Tekkie®

e loves it. Quiet, no gas, low maintenance, always starts, does a good job . Not suitable for a huge lawn but fine for most.

on modern batteries means they lose half their life every time you run one down. Find an old style one - cop cars use them because with all the extra electric draw they go through batteries quick. They're expensive but at y our age you might only have to buy one.

Read this:

5
Reply to
TimR

The AGM is NOT the old style battery. It is one of the newer style and is DEFINITELY superior. I have AGM batteries in both of my vehicles - neither of which ius a cruiser or taxi cab.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Also, that article by the Hendon Press is a bunch of BS in SO MANY ways. A LOT of inaccuracies as far as battery technology is concerned. A lot of "half truths" or "fake news"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

TimR posted for all of us...

one loves it. Quiet, no gas, low maintenance, always starts, does a good j ob. Not suitable for a huge lawn but fine for most.

y on modern batteries means they lose half their life every time you run on e down. Find an old style one - cop cars use them because with all the ext ra electric draw they go through batteries quick. They're expensive but at your age you might only have to buy one.

Published in 2015 and looks like press release.

Reply to
Tekkie®

True.

I don't know how valid it is. It seems plausible, as mythbusters would say . We do know that modern car batteries don't last as long and are very sen sitive to being run dead. We do know that modern police cars have huge ele ctrical demands. So it kind of makes sense that it could be true. I could spend a lot of time researching it, or you could. I can't say I care enou gh to bother though.

Reply to
TimR

And a poorly researched and written one.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It might have been almost accurate in about 1985

Reply to
Clare Snyder