JOKE: How many alt.hvac "experts" does it take to screw in a light bulb

Except that many of the boors who responded with profanity to my well-intentioned question specifically said that they have no intention of "wasting" their time on helping homeowners for free. Pretty contrary to the spirit of any other newsgroup I have frequented... Again, no one has any obligation to provide advice -- free or otherwise; however, as supposed human beings on a public forum, I think everybody has the obligation to treat posters civilily and without crude profanity, particularly if the poster has done nothing egregious to justify such a welcome.

Be careful if you do not possess some xeroxed piece of paper from a 2-bit technical school, the alt.hvac police will attack you for doing an "illegal"/"dangerous"/"cheap" etc. install...

But all kidding aside, you seem to be a decent person -- if only more of the newsgroup regulars had your attitude...

Reply to
blueman

blueman wrote: I think everybody has the obligation to treat posters civilily

What is profanity? Or crude for that matter? If your such a Fop.. You don't have to read our posts.. In fact as a free person .. You have the total freedom to go elsewhere. But it does appear that your selfish enough to try and curb our free speech for you own idea's of how one must comport ones self. I take it that your a failure at home thus you try to regain your self respect by acting like a big man and bully in this NG. Most of us are hard working folks and Veterans that have paid our dues.. And just what are your qualifications? You want to play the my dick is bigger then you dick game.. That puts you in the 13 year old classification. This group is targeted toward the folks in HVAC... Others are welcome to join us within certain limits.. And all your doing is providing entertainment for our sharpshooters club! ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

If you had decent experiences, you wouldn't be here asking questions. :rolleyes:

Reply to
<kjpro

Which, as those who so enjoy sniping at the knuckle dragging subset of alt.hvac regulars would contend, really sums up the odd dynamic of those folks (including yourself).

So it&#39;s ironic for you to go to this argument.

And likewise--for those of us on the periphery, reminded of your erudite banter via cross posts to other groups--realy enjoy taking the bullies down a notch.

But as the old saying goes, you can&#39;t teach horse sense to a jackass, (but you can reduce them to replying to a lot of posts with "blow me" and "f off").

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

I find it interesting that you snipped most of that very reasonable post! You wanta play Meow... I am certainly up to it.

Todd H. wrote:

Heh! Heh! I was trolling for a Moron and Damned if I didn&#39;t snag you! ;-p

What argument? Are those little drug induced voices talking to you again? ;-p

Shaat! This like shooting catfish in a Barrel,, ;-D By the way I don&#39;t crosspost... But I can if you like. I can even place you email address in some interesting lists.

Sooooo... What you are saying is that you like to horse around with Jackasses..e.i Bluefaggotman.. Well birds of a feather fuu..errr.. Flock together! ;-/

Hmmmm? I suggest that you provide a link to such posts from me.

I did leave in Homegroaners addee, as you put it there.. Kepp dicking arounjd and I can add a few of my own. And I am just passing by. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

I am NOT going to argue whether he (Blueman) had decent experiences or not, but there have been posters asking questions as simple as: "What brand of heating and cooling system do you recommend?" Even a question as innocent as that has often resulted in a vulgar reply. Replying to such a question is NOT exactly taking money out of the pocket of a technician, but simply acknowledging that an "Expert" should possess knowledge from experience that would be helpful before buying a system. If they were truly "Professionals" they would be honored that their opinion was sought.

P.S. Keep in mind that NO ONE must reply to such a question. If they are too busy or don&#39;t want to offer their opinion, then DON&#39;T reply.

Reply to
Ken

p> total freedom to go elsewhere. But it does appear that your selfish

You have the freedom to use profanity and I have the freedom to point out how boorish and uncivilized you folks are -- especially for people who spend all their time talking about how "professional" they are...

Please explain how you deduce the above from my pointing out how rude it is to respond to a well-intentioned question with invective and profanity? Peraps, I am just too stupid to follow your HVAC powers of deduction.

Really, I suppose asking a question politely and humbly, including specifically stating my willingness to engage a professional if the issue is beyond the scope of DIY classifies as a "dick game".

With all this mention of "dicks", "blow me", "suck my asshole", etc., either you folks are so insecure that you feel threatened by even the average DIY&#39;er or you are all latent homosexuals.

This group is a public open USENET group. All are welcome.

I think I am the one being entertained. It is not often you can get people so pissed off by just showing up...

Reply to
blueman

Huhh... are you saying that anyone who has ever had a decent experienc with a service tech is then somehow foreclosed from doing another job by themselves?

It&#39;s a wonder you folks can diagnose anything given the complete inability demonstrated in following a logical argument and deductive reasoning.

Reply to
blueman

Don Ocean writes: And all

Ooooooh -- I am so scared.... and those barbs they shoot really hurt... Your "sharpshooters" are so mentally sharp that the only bullets they can shoot are "blow me". Now that really injures my ego.

On the other hand, I know by the fact that I am inducing such hate-filled responses that I am hitting VERY close to home with my claims about being underemployed, unprofessional, and generally unskilled both relative to high quality HVAC companies and other professions.

Reply to
blueman

True. Once people start resorting to profanity, they have lost the argument. Most of them aren&#39;t sharp enough to realize it though.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Yep. Since "logical and deductive" don&#39;t start with an "f," they don&#39;t get it. :-)

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

I think you&#39;ve hit the nail on the head there. These guys are so insecure the slightest ripple on their waters sets them thrashing.

Reply to
CJT

That handful of individuals are collectively about as sharp as a marble. :-)

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

"CJT" wrote

It does make one wonder how someone so busy working and making all that money has time to read and follow all these posts on the Internet newsgroups.

It doesn&#39;t make me wonder at all, though.

I guess they prefer blogging to fishing or titty bars.

O gawd. Now I wonder about their sexual orientation ............. Not going to titty bars and defending their "bubba"hood.......

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You have a higher opinion than I do.................

Reply to
Steve B

posted for all of us...

OOOO yeah he would, that is all they teach Jeffy at the group home. Research is over his mental capacity.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Ken posted for all of us...

Well there Kenny how many times does it have to be asked before you are satisfied with answer Why don&#39;t you do a Google count and look things up before asking? HUH? Tell us!

Reply to
Tekkie®

blueman posted for all of us...

EXCEPT YOU!

Reply to
Tekkie®

Do let us know when "The Cabal" decides to leave you in charge of usenet....

Until then, go shove up your ass ( you fundie f****it )

Not like somebody has a gun to your head, forcing you to read this shit..

IF you dont like what gets written here then suggest DONT FUCKING READ IT...

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Oh shit... We have another self-appointed Internet Superstar here to tell us how Al Gore invented the internet...

Go away asshole.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives