J.D. mower recall

John Deere is recalling a couple versions of the Ztrak mower. The blades don't stop when the driver climbs off.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That's a nice feature. I had to put a jumper on my Exmark's seat switch to keep my blades from stopping.

Reply to
Lawn Ranger

? The blades don't stop

o keep my blades from stopping.

Although my husband disabled the "blades stop while backing up" feature, he left the "blades stop when the driver climbs off". He reckoned he didn't want to find me at the bottom of the hill, under the mower, being slashed to ribbons.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

A number of years ago I had a mower that had a push button to keep the blades running while backing. I am thhinking that not only did the blades stop but the engine quit if you had the blades button set for the blades to run. Problem was that you had to push it every time you backed up. I defeated that.

The mower I bought about 2 years ago has a position on the start switch that stops the blades while backing and one that will keep them running.

I think it defaults to the 'stop blades' position if you just let go if the key and you have to put it in the 'keep running' position if you want them to keep on running while backing.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery