J B Weld

Used it for the first time.

I'll be darned, it worked.

Shut off valve for 2nd floor water sprung a small leak.

It's directly next to a truss and is useless as the handle cannot even be put on.

Reply to
philo

I used it on a cast iron bird feeder. Worked like a miracle. Just pick the correct version.

Reply to
Oren

Saw it on a hardware store display back in 1971.

All kinds of things glues to a glass bottle

now almost 50 years later the subliminal message was still there

Reply to
philo

I think it was JB Weld

Reply to
philo

Ha. Only held up for a few days.

Just cut out and replaced the bad section, the hell with it

Reply to
philo

Not surprized. If you can't get things TOTALLY CLEAN no epoxy product can stick - and all J-B weld is, is a filled epoxy. Might have better luck with water putty - the epoxy made to be used under water in swimming pools - but likely not much.

You did right by cutting out and replacing the bad part.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

<

<snip>

Only took 30 minutes or so.

As long as I was doing plumbing work, I also replace the kitchen faucet assembly my wife told me to...about six months ago!

Surprised her by not going for the cheapest one!

Reply to
philo