It's a Merry Christmas, remodel is at 95%

For any of you who doubt what I do when not writing in the newsgroup:

Kitchen remodel is 95% done. Had family and guests last night, and it was wonderful. Coming back this morning for omelets after going Dec. 26th shopping.

Go to page two, and see what it looked like before.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Slide show shows before and after...neat. Sure you didn't have Mike Holmes helping? The pantry in the the garage is one very handy idea, great looking door for it, too. Congratulations on a job (nearly) well done.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Very nice, congratulations. That floor tiling detail must have taken an age with all those cuts, but it looks great. Where did you get the sink? Pricey?

Reply to
cubby

Very nice, congratulations. That floor tiling detail must have taken an age with all those cuts, but it looks great. Where did you get the sink? Pricey?

reply:

Out of LA from someone on ebay, $300. The tile was cut on a 10" tile saw. It took a while to figure out how to block the slide so it would gnaw down to a certain depth and stop. Then there were other cuts that would not have a right angle bottom because they were too deep, and I had to turn the piece over. Only wasted two tiles.

In the bathroom remodel this same guy did a couple of years ago, he cut some of those same smaller tile sections, and set them INTO the centers of the

18" square tiles, much harder than coming in from the edge.

All in all, we're pleased.

Going to pick up the oven in Vegas in a couple of weeks, do some sheetrock repair and painting, and we're done.

Now it's time to work on my shop, do some outdoor metal projects, and brew some beer.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

A lot of nice details. Sigh, I have enough trouble with the big items let alone getting to the details!

I'll bet the wife is ecstatic!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

And at a price I could afford. They were all over the map pricewise. We made some concessions costwise, and this one came in at half the cost of the last one in Las Vegas, about $20k. Mainly, it opened up three rooms, much like the Vegas remodel. Now you can come in the front door, and pass a football to the back door. So far everyone is taken aback by the floor.

I'm just glad the work is ALMOST over, and I can get on to doing some metal covering of my shop area, some ornamental metal work (dare not say wrought iron), concrete work, and a home for my boat out of the weather. And, oh yes, a redo of the boat getting it ready for some spring fishing.

Just so much to be done on two acres. But, it is coming together. I think this is the last hurrah unless we win the lottery, and even then, I'm buying a place already built in Kauai.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B