Is this Ryobi bandsaw good?

I hate to interrrupt the politics with a home repair question, but I don't know where else to ask.

Do you have experience with and/or how would you describe the Ryobi 9?" bandsaw:

It's for sale not far from me.

How would you compare it with this 3-wheel 12" B&D bandsaw:

If you're curious you can click on the picture and, unlike many times, the pictures you see will actually be bigger.

I have the second one. I've had it 25+ years, I only use it moderately, but I'm tired mostly of how hard it is to get the blade on when it comes off, and slightly bothered that blade stops entirely so easily, that the blade guide is just slot in a little block of metal, and the short belt broke today. (That's only $13, but I've been thinking asbou this for a while. OTOH, I like that the throat is more than 12".

(Today I need to make something to hold my front license plate without putting holes in the bumper.)

Reply to
micky

Retired

Thanks. I'm looking at it now.

And NEVER MIND ABOUT THE BAND SAWS. The price is about 50% of new and the ratings aren't high. Some of it is better than mine and some is worse, but it's about the same. But FTR it's quite a bit cheaper at Home Depot than at the vendors Amazon provides.

I was going to buy a new belt for mine anyhow, so I did, and interestingly I tried a half-dozen times, but Ebay wouldn't let me pay with Paypal. I gave in and paid with a credit card (giving a credit card number, expiration date, and 3-digit code) and when the Ebay receipt came it said "credit card".

But a Paypal receipt for the same amount arrived at the same time, with the message "This charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL *BANDSAWTIRE"."

I'm 99.99% sure I only paid once, but it's not very encouraging.

Reply to
micky