Is it best to let the water pump run continuously or cool down?

I want to fill my 5500 gal. swimming pool with water from my well. One person told me it was best to let the pump run continuously rather than off and on to let it cool down after periods of time. This will probably take me a full day or more to fill.

Reply to
jpark

Will your well stand being pumped that hard would be a much bigger concern to me...

Reply to
dpb

As long as your well recovery is up to the job, continuous is best. The pump is cooled by the water and won't heat up as long as there's water. Are you sure it won't run dry?

That said, it's unlikely that you can get enough water from a normal hose bib to keep the pump running 100%.

-rev

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Agree with this question......... If your well runs dry, you might then have some real problems.........it may be worth the while to have it trucked in to fill the pool.

Reply to
avid_hiker