Is Energizer trying to kill the rechargeable battery?

Aside: Costco is also in the East.

Reply to
krw

If he doesn't live where there is a Costco then he should move.

Reply to
sms

kingston (94.01 miles)

1015 Centennial Drive Kingston, ON K7P 3B7 (613) 549-2527

90 miles, and across a national border, requiring a passport and birth certificate.

But, yes, in the east. I chose to view

20 locations, all turn out to be in a foreign country. Guess that didn't work out as well as I'd hoped.

. Christ> >

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hmm. That good, you think? I'd like to be out of PRNY some day after my parents die.

. Christ> >> >>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That sounds like typical leftist thinking. If he lives in a leftist nanny state (he does) he should move.

Reply to
krw

There is one in Burlington VT, too, but it won't do you much good either. You said that you were in the East, implying that that was why there was no Costco. They *are* in the NE US.

There are none convenient to me, either, but we have a BJs and Sam's close enough. I prefer Sam's anyay.

Reply to
krw

Not really, Eneloops (and the other LSD NiMH cells) are practical for applications where regular NiMHs (or any other currently available rechargeable cell) would be completely unsuitable, like remote controls, battery powered wall clocks, etc. Only took a couple alkaline leaking incidents to make me take the leap, because the only other real alternative would be lithium primaries, but if the Eneloops last for 3-4 charge cycles they've paid for themselves relative to lithiums.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

No you didn't, you posted the Eneloop single cell adapters.

Who pissed in your wheaties? If you know a source other than Battery Junction or eBay, please post it, I'm more than willing to learn of new sources.

Can't see where you do either. We're talking about two different products.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

If I was a leftist, myself. I'd insist that the gov't make Costco open stores near me.

. Christ>>> Aside: Costco is also in the East.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Perhaps you need to pull stakes, and move? Think of all the money you'd save.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Which brands of alkalines were most leaker for you? Was one brand worse?

I recently had a bunch of Rayovac D alkalines leak. New in pack, in date. Not stored in car truck or other high heat.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

AAA are so much smaller. I'd not want to adapt those to D cells. I do have some anysizers in 1 AA or 2 AA to D.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

AAA cells have about 1/3 the capacity of AA, and typically same retail price per cell. I can't imagine anyone wanting to adapt AAA to D cells. For much of any reason.

. Christ>>> My point was that there are NO distribution channels in the US for good,

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One set was some GP brand AAAs that came with a Bosch laser distance finder. That was partially my fault; I'd lent it to someone and then subsequently lost it and then found it under the seat of my car some months later :(

An Energizer AA also leaked in a wall clock, but who knows how long it'd been there. (not my clock.)

Roommate actually bought a huge pack of Philips brand carbon zinc AAs probably at Big Lots, he doesn't understand why I don't want to use them :(

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Not AAA cells, three AA cells to D size. Actually gets you in the ballpark as far as capacity vs. a purpose built (Tenergy or Maha) NiMH D cell and/or allows you to use up AA primaries to power up a D device in a pinch.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I'm insulted by the language you used in this post.

Jessica

Reply to
jessica10997

Wow, really? A little salty language is more offensive to you than a major corporation deliberately ripping off consumers? I'm trying to help you (collective) here, you know. Feel free to not read my posts.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That's why I keep my eyes open everywhere I go in stores because you can trip over a good deal if you know the value and prices of items. Knowledge is power, heck, I may have to get one of those smart-ass phones so I can compare prices and specs on things I run across. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Costco doesn't allow you to park a trailer on their lot. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You don't have one yet? It really is great to be able to do that, even more so if you occasionally stop in a Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc. just for entertainment purposes.

I've yet to find any truly spectacular deals though, although it's saved me a few times from taking a chance on appealing looking but difficult to fix items, inferior products from a good brand, etc.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel