is electric meter giving the accurate reading?

Any way to find out whether the electric meter is giving the accurate reading?

Reply to
Oumati Asami

I compared old meter with new. All good.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

How do you compare? Do you have two meters in parallel?

Reply to
Oumati Asami

You could buy a Kill-a-Watt meter, which is a plug-in meter that allows you to measure power and energy used to anything you can plug into it. You'd have to turn off all the breakers except one on the circuit you plug it into and make sure there are no other loads. Let it run for a couple hours with a substantial load and see how they compare. They cost about $20.

I'd do it separately with both a resistance load like a heater with no fan and a load that has reactance, eg a motor.

Reply to
trader_4