Iron Stined Tubs Sinks Diwasheer

Sorry if I already posted this question below but I'm not sure if it was received as I can't locate it in the posted messages. Thanks.

What can I use to remove iron stained surfaces like acrylic and plastic:tub, inside of d/washer, etc.? I've tried a number of off the shelf products but not very successfully. I'm on a well and have and have an inline water filter before the water softener (which of course doesn't remove iron or other mineral deposits. My water filter is actually reddish brown stained and somewhat caked each time I change it. At some point I should install an iron filter system but can't right now. Thanks for the input.

Reply to
John F.F.

Hi, CLR usually works.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Thanks. Tried CLR but that did little; works on lime and calcium well.

John F.F. wrote:

Hi, CLR usually works.

Reply to
John F.F.

Oxalic acid crystals. Put in detergent cup and run a cycle. As a appliance repair person I used this on many farm homes that had too much iron in their well water. Made dishwasher look new. HOWEVER, This was years ago and the liners were porcelain finish. If it will clean the plastic liners used now I don't know. But it will not damage the plastic. I have bought some at ACE Hardware this year to use for other purposes. WW

Reply to
WW

I have iron in my water and have found two things that remove stains. "Iron Out" is a powder and "Works" is a liquid - basically hydrochloric acid. I use Iron Out (available at Walmart) in laundry and Works to clean the toilet bowl.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire (44=EF=BF=BD 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Reply to
---MIKE---