Interior staircase railing

Hello, all!!

I am looking for a particular type of interior staircase railing. I found just one image on google.

Would anyone know what it's called and made of, and how/where I'd be able to find one?

Thanks

Elana

Reply to
elanamig

Looks like a plain flat board atop a wall section. The wall is made of 2 x

4's and sheetrock, the board is from the lumberyard.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thank you :)

Elana

Reply to
elanamig

Probably not something that you could 'add' to an existing stairway unless the supporting structure is there already, or there is no wall on the outside of the stairs already, such as an open basement stairway that you are looking to enclose.

Reply to
Mark

Okay, my monitor ain't the biggest, but it looked like a raised detail to me. Can't tell if it was built up, or milled down from a big plank. But in either case, any custom millwork job shop could run one up for you. Like the other guy said, the lower part is just a drywalled 2x4 stub wall.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers