Insulating Gas Non-Venting Fireplace

Hi, I'm trying to insulate behind my non-venting (it vents indoors) gas fireplace, as cold air comes through the wall behind it. What kind of insulation should I be considering so as to avoid melting/fire when using the fireplace?

Reply to
Matt

Can't see from here, and wouldn't dare to advise, except to contact local pro for info as to how to seal (sounds like main prob.) and insulate around it. Failing that, ask mfg. for min. clearances and other requirements for your unit.

A fire starting inside a wall can burn a house down many hours after you leave the immediate area.

Insurance companies have a vested interested interest in this sort of thing, and are understandably interested in fire-marshalls' reports.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry