resilient flooring for heated floor

We are building a studio, about 850 sq ft and plan to install under floor heat (Hot water in PEX tubing). The subfloor is 3/4 TIG OSB. The resident artist expects to be on her feet a lot and would like the flooring to be soft to walk and stand on. Would anyone suggest a good flooring material that: 1. Is easy on the feet and legs for long periods of standing. 2. Can stand the heat expansion and contraction (water temp to be limited to 90 degrees). 3. Is a good conductor of the heat. 4. Does not cost as much as the Marmoleum we first looked at (Installed price above $14/sq.ft. Granted part of that high cost was to do it in a design rather than a single color. Also, I looked at some Marmoleum installs and was disappointed in the color difference where the heat welded strip joined the sheets. I'll add one other desire. 5. If we could find a solution that came in a click or tile install, I could install it myself and save a bundle. Sorry to come up with som many conditions, but I would appreciate and comments and/or ideas.

Reply to
bobheist

Anything that is soft to walk on will also be a good insulator. To make something soft, it is generally foamed or aerated, thus increasing the insulation value.

Of course, soft is a relative term. Wood is softer and easier on the feet that concrete. Depending on the intended use, I'd consider some well placed anti fatigue mats, but this is if you will be in a 3 x 5 or 6 x 6 area or group of areas. Doing the entire floor will insulate too much.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski