Insulate around attic fan

I found that there are daylight gaps around my attic fan, a bit to large for caulk. What's the best way to insulate them?

Thanks.

(remove "unwanted hair" to reply)

Reply to
Charles Martin in Seattle

Stuff them with fiberglass or spray in some of the urethane foam that expands.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Is it hard to 'trim' it out with molding to cover the gaps?

if not, home stores sell Caulking Rod, basicly foam in the shape of rope that you can push into the big gaps and caulk over it.

hth,

tom @

Tom The Great

Too large for caulk? Anything narrower than the Grand Canyon can be caulked!

Reply to
RayV