Installing Programable Thermostat - Help?

Trying to go from a four wire cooling/heating unit to a Honeywell RTH7000 series. I cannot get the cooling unit to go on, everything is hot air. I have the following wires:

Y Rc G O

On my old unit the Y was attached to both the Y and W. Does this mean I have to run some kind of jumper between the Y and W in the Honeywell thermostat? Can anyone help?

Reply to
sullivan706

Hi, No manual? You can download it from Honeywell. Or try

Tony Hwang

If there are only four wires you will probably need to pull a new thermostat wire with more conductors Check this link

Hope this helps George

Reply to
George

Nice site.