installing electricly controlled master valve on landscape sprinkler system

I'm going to install a master valve that is electrically controlled ( 24 Volts) inside the basement where the sprinkler control box and the water feed to the sprinklers are located. My question is about the type of valve to use. I have a Honeywell V8043 E 1012 that is a 2 position zone valve. It cost me about $70. When I look for info on the web, I see that there are solenoid valves that could control the water flow but they cost $125. It would be a brass body with 3/4" copper sweat fitting controlled by

24v ac. Would the less expensive zone valve do same job as the more expensive solenoid valve?
Reply to
FrankOOOOO

Yes.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

According to FrankOOOOO :

Yes. You can get them even cheaper than that. The Orbits at HD are around $20.

Reply to
Chris Lewis