Cleaning hardwood floor with grease residue

My kitchen is open to the dining room via a counter top with my cook top. I do a lot of frying and over time a greasy film builds up on the hardwood floor in front of the counter area. Best results to clean it so far has been using diluted Dawn liquid detergent and water. Problem is worried about damage to hardwood floor by doing this about every month or two. Have been applying Liquid Gold to the area after washing it.

Any one have an opinion or better option?

email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end TIA Hank

Reply to
Hank

Why not use something specifically for hardwood floors, like:

Jim Jensen

I think Liquid Gold is horrible, and did not seem to leave a durable sheen the few times I tried it.

If your floor is mfg., I would read the mfg. instructions for care of finish. Damp cleaning of wood floors is perfectly appropriate and long recommended...damp, not wet. Standing water is what will do damage. I generally use Murphy's Oil soap on wood furniture, Dawn if I'm out of Murphy's. Mineral spirits is good for cleaning tough, greasy dirt or old wax from wood, works fine on furniture (it is ingredient in old-fashioned furniture wax)...m.s. might not be recommended for your particular floor, but if it is normal, old fashioned varnish finish, it will be fine.

Reply to
Norminn

Thanks for suggestion. Another mentioned Murph products which are available at local Walmart so will be trying them. email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end TIA Hank

Reply to
Hank

Floor done when house built by local group no documents. Wife says she had not thought about Murphy products so will try some. Thanks again