Installing bathroom vanity faucet

I always used sweat connections to supply tubes. Now when i go to Home Depot they push flexible hose 's with compression connectors. They will make the job alot easier.but how long will they last without leaks ? Are they safe to use ?

Reply to
desgnr

Safe and last a long time.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Even with PEX supply lines?

Reply to
Mike E. Fullerton

I have never seen a sweat connection from the shutoff valve to the faucet, not even on my MIL's 1920 house. Must be before my time. The pros use copper tubing but it still have compression fittings at both ends, not soldered. Those copper tubing is a pain in the ass when changing out fixtures and often ended up replacing it with flex lines anyway.

Those flexible hoses were around for decades.

Long time, may even outlast you.

Yes.

Reply to
** Frank **

Most PEX installs I've seen use 6" copper stubs through the wall. Once the drywall is up you'd be hardpressed to tell it isn't copper throughout.

-- "Tell me what I should do, Annie." "Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Reply to
Rick Blaine