Insinkerator 17-55 Batch Garbage Disposal Switch Failure

This unit is very slow to shut off, as if the switch sticks. An appliance parts website shows a kit with what appears to be a microswitch. I expected that the switch would be magnetic and sealed. Or is there a magnetically-activated piston which activates the microswitch? A word about theory would be very helpful to me. Since nothing appears to be sealed, I would assume the switch assembly might be repairable, perhaps by cleaning??? The kit is over $40! Help much appreciated! Frank

Reply to
frank1492