Improvising a lawnmower gas cap

many gasoline can caps and engine caps are identical except for the vent.

i lost my gasoline engine cap and needed to get the grass cut, so i removed the gas can washer and left the lid a tiny bit loose.

its a good emergency patch

Reply to
bob haller

Fellow at work had a mower that would run for a short time and quit. Told him to checkthe vent hole. Next day he admitted he had mixed up the gas can and the engines gas caps.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

That’s hysterical! I needed a good laugh since I just lost my cap and ordered a new one. Be here tomorrow but I want to mow RIGHT NOW! Guess I’ll stick a rag in it. And light a smoke…

Reply to
Dawn