IMPORTANT WARNING for FALL

It's that time of year. Time to get out the chainsaw and cut up a few forests for the ol' wood burner. But we all know from cutting logs that the leaves are falling, and this is what brings us to this IMPORTANT TOPIC.

This is a warning I want to pass along. With people raking all their leaves out onto the streets for the sweepers to collect, it should be known that drivers should NEVER drive over these leaf piles. While those piles appear to be nothing but innocent piles of leaves, there are children playing under those piles. Every year hundreds of thousands of children are killed while playing in piles of leaves out in the streets of America. Children whose parents are passed out in their homes from excessive alcohol consumption and or drug abuse. It is estimated that in the ghettos of most large American cities, one out every 10 piles of leaves contain at least one child. Most of these children are alive (until you drive over them), but a few are already dead when you approach. The solution is to avoid driving over piles of leaves in the street. If you are infatuated with driving over leaf piles, it is not that difficult to create a leaf pile in your yard. When completed, simply lock your brat kid in their bedroom, chain him or her to their beds to prevent window escapes, slug down a couple 12 packs of Bud, and have a demolition derby in your front yard with the leaves being your target. It's never been this much fun, and remember, if the pile of leaves wins, it's time for you to leaf your car and go have anudder case o beer. Be sure to let da kid out of da bedroom someday when yun gits sobeur. Enjoy !!!

*** Always Drive Savagely ***

*** Be Curtsyous to your Fellow Readneck Driver an Never Display Your Rifle on Public Highways, Unless Someone Gives You Da Bird or a Turkey Call ***

It's Official Ammunition Stocking time...... Happy Pre-Thanksgivin'

Reply to
readneck

Well that will teach those little ankle biters to stay the hell out of my leaves.

Reply to
Rich

Joking aside, it can be quite dangerous to park over leaves in modern cars as the catalytic converter is usually hot enought to start a fire.

Reply to
JohnH

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:47:41 -0500, "JohnH" was understood to have stated the following:

That's why I don't bother to rake, and let the leaves blow into the neighbor's yard.

Reply to
Ted 'defend me and be a crimin

Hey fucktard, there aren't that many kids killed from all things every year. I doubt any except for your own kid have ever been killed this way.

Reply to
DTJ

I put 'em down the storm drain.

Any sewage system needs roughage.

If there's a blockage, use mineral oil. If you don't have mineral oil, use motor oil.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 01:06:22 -0600, said the following in rec.autos.driving...

I take it that this is a common occurance where you are?

Reply to
Paul.