Ikea Laminate floors

Hi, We are thinking of putting Laminate floors from IKEA in the foyer. Anyone have experience with Ikea Laminates? Do they have any problems? Do you think Laminate will be a good choice for Entryway to the house in a state where it snows a lot during winters.

Should we use tiles or Laminate. Price and installation cost are amongst the deciding factors.

Thanks

-S

Reply to
Shoaib

fran

I put laminate in my last house. The dog nails put dents in it. When they got excited by a door there were dents all over the place. I even put poly urethane over the installation cause I was worried about spillage.

My current home is all tile. No water worries ever

Reply to
SQLit

Must have been cheap laminate. Dogs never put a mark on the Wilson Art we have.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Bad idea. I hate laminates to begin with. Once water seeps in, it is ruined.

Reply to
Yaofeng