idiot going for Darwin award

i ONLY know of this case and one other, but in each, the observer didn't bother to warn the fool how dangerous this is. Don't people do that?

Reply to
micky

You have attendants? Most have a clerk behind the counter selling coffee and smokes.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Maybe NJ. They must have attendant pump gas there. With residents like traitor who can blame them.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

You would like the book, "The Scientific Method - A Personal Account of Unusual Projects in War and in Peace", by Harvard Professor Louis F. Fieser. It includes his work on napalm and other neat things in the WWII timeline. Fieser was on a speaking tour for his book and I talked to him for about 20 minutes in my lab while he chain smoked four Lark cigarettes. At this time period he was also on the Surgeon Generals Committee that declared smoking caused lung cancer. He said he thought the charcoal filter would protect him but he later got lung cancer. It was cured but he only lived a few more years.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

In MA it is up to the fire chief in each town to decide. I always stopped at a station that pumped it for me as it was the same price as the station across the street in a different town that allowed self service. Never found a good reason to get out of the warm car when it is 5 degrees when someone would do it for me. Always tipped him too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

In the Carter and Nixon gas shortages there just wasn't gas to be had. You couldn't even fill your tank most of the time. They had a 5 gallon limit, after waiting in line for an hour or two. I was working 3d shift and I would just park in front of the pump and sack out in the back of my Jeep until they opened. Usually there were 20 cars behind me when I woke up. I did have an "any day" pass so I was not stuck with that odd and even thing.

Reply to
gfretwell

The cancer may have been caused by the charcoal granules. iirc Larks had damn little nicotine.

Reply to
rbowman

Very unlikely given that those don?t get into the lungs.

But still had lots of shit from the burning tobacco.

Nicotine patches don?t give you cancer.

Reply to
Joey

rbowman

Hawk

On Sat, 15 May 2021 19:09:36 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

Doctors recommend Chesterfields for their smoothness.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 15 May 2021 23:07:00 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Cough, cough, cough, anyone gota Lark?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Yes, that is what my parents smoked. I was a Marlboro man but that was

50 years ago.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I preferred Luckies. You drink for effect, you smoke for effect. Screw smooth.

Reply to
rbowman