I need to make a cat house (2023 Update)

Does anyone know where I can find some plans to make a house for the neighborhood Tom Cat that my wife has taken to feeding?? I won't let him in the house and winter is coming...... But still gotta keep Momma happy.. Thanks!!

Reply to
Michael Moss

C'mon, Mikey. Do you want traditional, contemporary, or Victorian styling? One story, split level or two? Mansard roof or hip and valley? Do you want Pella or Andersen windows? Fireplace? What type of heating system? Tile or carpet? Paint or siding?

Be specific, Man! ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

Feral cats are unlikely to accept any sort of shelter they might get trapped in. You'll need to put it away from house, where the cat can discover it and learn to trust it undisturbed, at their leisure. Having said that, a small dog house would probably work, but put the entrance up off the ground with a shelf in front, to keep dogs or most other wild animals from moving in. Use a plastic flapper door or baffle to keep wind out, and include a small window or two- cats like to look out. Make roof hinged or lift-off for cleanout. With the price of building materials these days, look at either the kits or the molded igloo-style houses.

OB PC comment- trap the damn thing and get it fixed before you build a house for it. Catch-and-release spay/neuter programs are the only known way to keep wild cat populations in check, other than natural predators, which few suburbs have. If you just kill the feral cats, others take over the turf.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

I doubt if you'll find one. More than likely, the cat already HAS such a house. He doesn't want a new friend...or even a new HOME. He already has that...somewhere. He just wants to USE you!

Contact a good Chinese restaurant. They put up homeless cats all the time! They have 'plans' for cats! lol

Have a nice week...

Trent

Cat...the OTHER white meat!

Reply to
Trent©

Mark

Just get a plastic Dogloo by Petmate

Reply to
Pardon Me

The question was asked 19 years ago. The cat doesn't need a house anymore.

Reply to
rbowman

19 year old post, but .............. research shows TNF doesn't actually work.
Reply to
TimR