I love my new B&D Grass Hog trimmer.

I just bot a B&D Grass Hog trimmer. By no means trying to promote B&D products, but the automatic line feed is lotsa less messing around. I don't see any negative comments in the Usenet archives about the thing.

I bot the corded, more powerful, model partly because I figure the longer string gives the automatic line feed a better signal (the centrifical/centrifugal force is greater) so the feeding mechanism might be more reliable.

I don't understand how the device uses more string unless the length is let out too far. Apparently it hardly gets to the cutoff blade. I guess the problem could be caused by continuously slapping the line against something that repeatedly brakes it. A small price to pay for not having to mess with it. I think bumping is for the birds.

Assuming the thing works well as the first trial, this automatic line feed thing is the greatest IMO. I am going to make a spool holder for my electric drill (on very low speed) to neatly wind new string.

Reply to
John Doe

Geez elec BD WOW im sooo envious,, Now freaking graduate to roundup - propane torches and Gas trimmers .

Reply to
m Ransley

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote

I probably should have put "automatic line feed" in the subject line to help avoid confusing the troll. My post was about the automatic line feed feature, not the brand or type of grass trimmer.

newssvr16.news.prodigy.com!newscon07.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!news.linkpendium.com!newsfeed.hal-mli.net!feeder2.hal-mli.net!news.moat.net!newsfeed-3001.bay.webtv.net!newssorter-3001.bay.webtv.net!not-for-mail

ETAtAhUAmjrso1/BdVFCHoYjqnQ46pnSZIwCFBJNtBh2S4yG1k17V7bxXuWy94Kq

Reply to
John Doe

I bought the rechargeable battery model. It has its limitations, but I think it is a great piece of equipment.

I'd much rather use it instead on my Echo, anytime.

Hound Dog

Hound Dog

What troll , Ive had an autofeed Sthil for 18 yrs

Reply to
m Ransley