I have purchased a used Ridgid WTS2000L

I have just brought a Ridgid WTS2000L 10 inch brick/tile saw. It has dried on hard tile dust probably a 1/16 thick.
How do you get this stuff off, I have treid soaking in water and pressure washing off, nothing seems to shift it.
Is there anyway to remove this crud without damaging the saw.
Please comment Ray
On 2/20/19 11:55 AM, Ray Mead Kissimmee. Florida wrote:

Here is one guide re using rubbing alcohol
https://www.ehow.com/how_5848025_clean-cement-residue-wet-saw.html
On 2/20/2019 11:13 AM, "\"Retired"@home.com wrote:

White vinegar or muriatic acid - that's the stuff they use to wash mortar residue from brick and block work .Vinegar is safer but takes longer . That ehow link is pretty much useless for anything but fresh residue that hasn't cured yet .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On Wednesday, February 20, 2019 at 12:28:24 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

I would have thought Muric acid would eat up the alumium castings
On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 10:38:22 -0800 (PST), "Ray Mead Kissimmee.

It will. Phosphoric acid is relatively safe on aluminum and aggressive to lime based materials. I've also heard of using a concentrated suger solution or blackstrap molasses

Neither will dissolve tile or brick dust. That’s why they don’t damage the brick or tiles when cleaning the mortar residue off.

Brick and tile dust doesn’t cure.

Why do you want to get it off? Does it impair saw functionality in any way?
On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 18:35:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

The one I borrowed from one friend for the use of another friend last month had so much build-up in the tray it was ridiculous. The friend who borrowed it didn't feel right about returning a dirty tool, so he cleaned it out and found the wrenches for changing the blade burried under all the crud. It went back to the owner looking like new - - -