HRV or ERV??????

Can somebody tell me the main difference between a Heat Recovery Ventilator and an Energy Recovovery ventilator?

From what I can understand, the Energy recovery will extract humidity in the air before to get it in the house (summer), which should reduce humidity inside. This would work well with an A/C. However, if I don't have an A/C, will this still help or work to reduce inside humidity?

In the winter time, that unit is setup to extract humidity from inside and re-circulate it to maintain it inside. However, if I want to send the humid air outside, like a normal HRV system would do, will that still do the job?

I am basically looking for the best unit to reduce my humidity (all year round).

Any information would be much appreciated.

Reply to
pdsmlebel