How to seal the edges of a Fiberglass Shower Stall?

Hi I've got the new glass stall, 36" X 36", and it has a flange about 1" wide around the top edge and down the front edges, and the normal way of installation is to mount the thing against the stud wall, then bring the drywall over the edge all around. I'm wondering if I can mount the stall against the existing drywall and then tape and plaster over the edges? I know this will take some creative plastering, but replacing the whole B-room wall is out of my realm at the moment. Would a moulding strip be a better idea? A new studwall will be built against the opposite side of the stall. I've got to drywall around the corners and then over the shower edge. Can I use a metal corner strip to overlap the fiberglas edge?

JohnK

Reply to
Porky

Why don't you pull the drywall down where the shower stall fits. In fact, pull it down all the way to the next stud outside the shower. Fit the stall, then install and mud strips of drywall up to the stall.

I think it'll be less work than what you describe, which sounds like something you'll have to fiddle with forever to get it right.

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright