How to remove of outdoor carpet on concrete floor?

I need to remove the outdoor carpet on my porch as it has mildewed. I suppose I should cut the carpet in strips with a box cutter. Since I am not going to replace the carpet, I need to get all the residue from the glue off the concrete floor. Is there a product for doing this?

~Jazzy~

Reply to
Jazzy

Are you going to leave the floor as concrete? If not and are going to put something else down I wouldn't spent too much effert. I have found a link for some removal products that look suitable for you:

Best of luck Stu

Stu

Yes, I do plan on leaving the floor as concrete, possible painting it. Thank you Stu, for the website.

~Jazzy~

Reply to
Jazzy

If scrape marks on the concrete don't matter, try using an ice chopper. Used to chop ice off of driveways, it's also a good way to remove carpeting on concrete, provided it wasn't glued down. Might still work then. Use it as you would a chisel, except ice choppers have handles 6' long.... ram it at an angle against the carpeting.

Or go to the local rental shop & see what they have.

Reply to
Bob M.