How to pull up and put back carpet?

I need to lift up some carpet(cheap) on one side of the room in my condo. I am going to run speaker wire under the pad. The section is 10' long and is up against a slider and wall with baseboard. Is most carpet glued down or just stretched on the tack strip? Is it a matter of just lifting it off and putting it back? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
ephedralover

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1164673691.936349.163860@

45g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

If it's tacked, just pull the carpet up and upon reinstallation, rent a carpet kicker from your local tool rental, hardware or flooring store.

If it's glued......no way around it you are going to have fun (not)! :-)

Reply to
propman

tacked, just pull the carpet up and upon reinstallation, rent a

Reply to
Howard

Or you could pull it up a little at each end and use a fishtape to pull the wire. Unless the wire is very thin, you may see/feel it under the carpet.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Or, just get extra wire and instead of running it under the carpet run it along the baseboard and take a screwdriver and push it under the the baseboard hidden out of the way.

Reply to
Lar