How to fix "mixing" valve on Temptrol Shower ?

We have a Symmons Temptrol shower control/mixing valve.

It no longer controls the temperature (pressure?) properly and the shower changes temperature significantly when other water is used in the house. Otherwise it still works fine.

I assume that there's a replaceable cartridge or other item in there ? Can someone give me a couple of sentences on how I'd access the unit and what to replace ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob