How to drill through concrete slab

What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a slight angle.

Still fighting termites!

Reply to
Walter R.

Rent a Bosch or Kango rotary hammer. Either one will go through like butter

Reply to
RBM

Rent a big assed hammer drill.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Just a though. I once worked for a retail store. They built a new building at a mall. It was the only building in the mall with a basement. Someone decided they needed to drill a hole in the floor for some electrical work. Did I tell you the mall was built on an old swamp. They drilled the hole and ended up with at 12 in fountain. It took them several days to get that patched up.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Fergeddabout a hammer drill. Rent a rotohammer. At least twice as fast.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Rent, borrow or buy a hammer drill and a 1/2 " masonry bit

Reply to
barbarow

My house is not on top of a swamp. However, I may get the same "fountain effect" when/if I hit a water line under the slab. :(

Reply to
Walter R.

After many hours of trying to drill a couple of holes and going through many drill bits, I purchased one of the SDS type masonary drills at a Harbor Freight store for about $50 and the drill bits (special type) were about $12 for a pack. This setup goes through concrete like a knife goes through butter. It's not commercial quality but it works. No more standard masonary bits for me !

Joey

Reply to
Joey

As some have mentioned here before: ...avoid the re-bar....

If your "standard slab floor" is like mine you certainly want to avoid a "tension cable" in the foundation if you "happen" to have one.

Oren

Oren

In article , snipped-for-privacy@example.com says... :) What is the best and cheapest way to drill twenty 1/2" holes through a :) standard slab floor, probably 4". Some of the holes will be drilled at a :) slight angle. :) :) Still fighting termites! :) :) Along with renting a hammer drill as suggested rent a cut off box incase you find grounded metal (rebar, plumbing) and buy a water meter key in case a quick cut off of the water is needed.

Reply to
Lar

Paint a really good rendition of an Iranian Tank on the roof, and convince a passing A-10 pilot to shoot at it for about

1/10th of a second.
Reply to
Goedjn