How to attach trim to edge of medium density fiberboard?

I've created a worktable in my garage. The tabletop is 3/4" MDF topped with

1/4" hardboard. To protect the edges somewhat, I'm planning to attach some some 3/8" by 1" trim to the edges of the tabletop.

The question I'm wondering about is how to attach the trim to the edge of the MDF. It's not going to be under a lot of stress, but I want something that will stay tight. I was thinking the threads on regular wood screws might be too fine to get a solid "bite" into the fiberboard from the edge. Would something like coarse thread drywall screws or particle board screws be a better choice? Should I put some glue on the trim also?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Please disregard.. After I posted it I did some more searching and found some ideas to do what I wanted. Mike

Reply to
Mike O.