HOW MANY SQUARES IS IT

51 SQUARES OF SHINGLES EQUALS HOW MANY BUNDLES OF SHINGLES
Reply to
JOHNSONFK

Andy replies:

Typically 3 bundles to a square.

100 square feet to a square.

The bundles are constructed to a given weight so that one man can conveniently carry it up a ladder..... or not so conveniently, depending on the man :>)))

If it is different anywhere else, I've never run into it...

Andy

Reply to
Andy
3 tabs=3 bundles per. Dimensionals=4 bdls per. cedar machine cut=4 bdls per. I forget cedar shakes. Tom. "Give the man a fish".
Reply to
tom

HOW MANY SHINGLES ARE THERE IN A FISH

Reply to
mm

Add $20 to each one beyond the first, and append $3F.

That DOES mean something, it's just that you may not know what.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

OK!

I don't think Benjamin Franklin actually said this. I looked it up, and one problem is that lunch wasn't a (common?) word then. Plus I think there is no record that he said it.

Reply to
mm

As a clue, I liked writing assembly language programs for the Commodore-64. That (different) use of '$' is important. The last 'F' is not a typo.

So, you think he wouldn't have said "lunch". He would have had a word for it although it could be one that most people don't know now. It that case, it was translated into modern English.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

It's more commonly translated as "dinner". Although that doesn't speak to whether he actually said it.

"If you want your words to seem more profound, pretend that Ben Franklin said them first." --Ben Franklin.

Reply to
Goedjn

I always used "dinner" to mean a special occasion. Regular meals were "lunch" and "supper". Different people do it differently.

Maybe he did.

I still wouldn't want to include that attribution if he didn't.

Someday. maybe I'll fix it to these sig quotes change automatically.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd