How long to cool a house from 90 to 70

Sorry I was speaking in my area where 90 is about the max. A bit narrow minded on my part.

Reply to
Meat Plow

- The coil? Lol you crack me up, who is going to measure that besides you.

- And yes the difference is between being hot out and cool inside, 10

- 13

- degrees should be the max,

I measure mine. Pretty simple way to make sure your unit is working correctly. (just one of many checks)

Insert the temp probe before the filter, then insert the temp probe in a output duct right after coil box. I use this device, when I'm not grilling...

DerbyDad03

Thanks, I'm a former tech/installer. I was merely giving a person who wanted a 20 degree temp drop from 90 advice that 12-15 degrees would be fine. Others jumped in with "what about and if it's 110 out" crap and i bailed the thread. I don't like to argue with people who nitpick when they're bored.

Reply to
Meat Plow

When is the last time you cleaned the condenser coils? My air conditioners were not keeping up; they were running all the time and blowing cool air (instead of cold) and the house was hot all the time. Both A/C units are only a couple of years old, and they cooled the house just fine when they were new. I thought the problem might be cottonwood tree fuzz clogging up the heat exchanger fins.

I couldn't get to the back side of the condenser coils even when I took the chassis off, so I used a water hose to back-flush the aluminum fins on the coils. It made a world of difference.

Be careful not to mash the aluminum fins flat with the spray of water. They are soft and bend easily. (it will take you a couple of hours to reopen and shape all the fins again; the tip of dull steak knife works pretty well)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

If 15 degrees is the most cooling you'll ever want, you don't even need A/C.

Reply to
CJT

Not of A/C, I'll bet. Maybe oil changes.

Reply to
CJT

Ok you set your air how you want it and I'll set mine how I want it deal? It was 83 here today and I had the fan on in the attic and the windows open and was very comfortable. So I guess no, I don't need to be chilled down to a friggin ice cube to be happy. Don't bother replying, I won't read it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I merely pointed out that you were spewing nonsense. Then you tried to change the subject. That's ok with me, but don't try to deny it now.

Frankly, I don't care whether you reply or not.

Reply to
CJT

What is your outside temp?

Tom @